Address: Justice A.A. Birch Building, 408 2nd Avenue North, Suite 3120, P.O. Box 196300 Nashville, Tennessee 37219
Administrative Assistant: Joni Gore
Phone: (615) 862-8312
Fax: (615) 862-8350
Judge Todd was elected to General Sessions Court Division VI in 2022.
Nashville native Jim Todd graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Communication from Vanderbilt University, and then earned his law degree from Memphis State University School Law. Previously, Judge Todd worked as special assistant for Senator Al Gore in Washington, DC and then later for Tennessee Governor Ned Ray McWherter.
For 13 years, Judge Todd served as a prosecutor in Davidson County. He was appointed lead prosecutor for Criminal Court Division VI and also appointed special prosecutor for violent and gang related juvenile offenders.
Judge Todd practiced law for more than 25 years and grew his law practice into one of the most respected and trusted criminal defense firms in Nashville having been involved in either the prosecution or defense of thousands of criminal cases.
Judge Todd defended individuals facing criminal charges in state and federal courts in Tennessee and throughout the Southeast.
Active in the community, Judge Todd is a member of the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Nashville and Tennessee Bar Associations, and a recent graduate of the Leadership Law Class for the Tennessee Bar Association.
Because of his expertise in the area of criminal law, Judge Todd has been a guest lecturer for the Tennessee and West Virginia District Attorneys Conference, TN Department of Children’s Services Conference, the Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts, the Nashville Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association and the Metro Nashville Police Department.
Community & Civic Leadership
- Board Member, Nashville Symphony, 2020 – Present
- Member, Juvenile Justice Reform Commission, by appointment of Governor Don Sundquist, 1997 – 1998
- Chair, Subcommittee on Juvenile Justice Codes Reform pertaining to Criminal / Delinquency Matters, 1997 – 1998
- Past Board Member, Nashville Ballet
- Past Board Member, Nashville Urban League
- Past Board Member, NAARAL (North American Abortion Rights Action League)
- Past Board Chair, Metro Nashville Sexually-Oriented Business Licensing Board
Professional Memberships & Listings
- Member and Fellow, Nashville Bar Association
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, Leadership Law Class of 2009, Tennessee Bar Association